No products in the cart.
Did you know that in addition to Breeam* and Leap, you can also obtain a WELL certificate? In this article, you can read everything about the WELL certificate and how water quality plays a key role in it. PB International produces water treatment products that contribute to achieving the WELL certificate.
The International Well Building Institute (IWBI) was founded by Paul Scialla to create a healthier world. This is done by improving various parameters in spaces and buildings like water for instance. By having ten parameters checked and certified by a third party, the users and owners of the buildings are assured of a healthy working or living environment. An additional advantage is an increase in the value of the object as it is allowed to carry a label such as WELL.
Why WELL certification
Thousands of properties all over the world have already been WELL certified. Those buildings are already allowed to display the WELL certificate on the facade of their premises. As a result, the value of these properties has increased significantly. In addition to financial institutions, transport companies, and real estate developers, the certificate is also extremely popular among private individuals. The overall quality of life increases because of various parameters. For example, water quality, air quality, temperature, noise, mind, and other wellness-related parameters are considered.
PB International and WELL ap’s around the world
PB International has been a permanent partner of various parties that provide buildings with a WELL certificate. For about 10 years we cooperated with the so-called WELL aps. WELL AP stands for Accredited Professionals. A WELL AP will advise you about the various parameters. In the case of water quality, for example, turbidity and bacteriological safety are taken into account. Turbidity < 1 NTU and coliforms should not be present in 100 ml of water. Both parameters will be achieved with ease using PB products.
WELL v2, Q4 2021
Verify Water Quality Indicators
For All Spaces
Water delivered to the project and intended for human contact (e.g., drinking, cooking and dishwashing, handwashing, showering or bathing) meets the following thresholds:
- Turbidity is less than or equal to 1.0 NTU, FTU or FNU
- Coliforms are not detected in any 100 ml sample.
Meet Chemical Thresholds
For All Spaces
The following requirements are met:
- The project provides at least one drinking water dispenser, plus one drinking water dispenser per dwelling unit.
- All drinking water dispensers provide water that meets the following parameters:1
- Arsenic ≤ 0.01 mg/L.
- Cadmium ≤ 0.003 mg/L.
- Chromium (total) ≤ 0.05 mg/L.
- Copper ≤ 2 mg/L.
- Fluoride ≤ 1.5 mg/L.
- Lead ≤ 0.01 mg/L.
- Mercury (total) ≤ 0.006 mg/L.
- Nickel ≤ 0.07 mg/L.
- Nitrate ≤ 50 mg/L as Nitrate (11 mg/L as Nitrogen).
- Nitrite ≤ 3 mg/L as Nitrite (0.9 mg/L as Nitrogen).
- Total chlorine ≤ 5 mg/L.
- All drinking water dispensers provide water that meets the following parameters:
- Residual (free) chlorine does not exceed 4 mg/L.3
- The concentration of total trihalomethanes (TTHM, sum of dibromochloromethane, bromodichloromethane, chloroform and bromoform) is 0.08 mg/L or less.3
- The concentration of haloacetic acids (HAA5, sum of chloroacetic, dichloroacetic, trichloroacetic, bromoacetic and dibromoacetic acids) is 0.06 mg/L or less.3
What can PB International do for you?
PB International provides technical advice, visits the location if necessary, and takes care of any export documentation. PB is also available for help and support at launch time.
Do you have any questions about WELL certification or do you want to know which products PB International can supply? Please send your question to the following e-mail address.
PB’s advanced plug-and-play solutions can also contribute to achieving BREEAM objectives. For example, by treating rainwater with ultrafiltration to make it drinkable water.
WAT 01 Water consumption
Minimize the use of drinking water for all sanitary applications in the building by using water-efficient facilities and by collecting and reusing rainwater and greywater.
WAT 04 Water Efficient Equipment
Reducing drinking water consumption through efficient implementation of water-consuming facilities that are not assessed in WAT 01.