No products in the cart.
Water is a key element to endoscope reprocessing
In areas where there are high levels of suspended particulates frequent cartridge replacement is needed, does it sound familiair?
As the particulate is removed, it accumulates until the cartridge holding capacity is exhausted and finally requires replacement. This replacement could be weekly, biweekly, monthly depending on the amount of usage of the AER and particulate levels in the water. During times of construction the particulate will be increased significantly.
The purpose of the UFM system is to extend the life of the downstream filters In critical applications which require a high level of filtration, the extra burden and costs of removing these particulates are borne directly by the end user. We encourage you to review your current filter usage and the yearly cost. Installing the UFM will save you significant money and downtime, increase the patient safety and brings back the continuity. The cost of the system is recouped in the first 3-6 months of use.
The way in which the UF works is as follows. The water is pushed with a minimum of 2bar/29 psi through the 0.02 μm pores of the membrane wall from the inside to the outside whilst removing suspended solids, particles, viruses and bacteria out of the water. The remaining particles on the inside of the membrane can be easily removed from the membrane wall via the automatic forward flushing device on the UF. This self-cleaning process of the UF makes use of the water pressure from the supply source. The remaining particles, including the bacteria and viruses will be flushed to drain. The clean water (free of particulate) will flow out the permeate of the UF into the downstream scope washer prefilters.
As a result the filters will only need to be replaced according the manufacture’s instruction or local legislation. The efficiency for reduction of bacteria is 99.9999% (Log 6). This is an added benefit as your final rinse water is bacteria free. The AER filters reduce bacteria to a level of 0.2 μm whereas the UF filter reduces to a level of 0.02 μm.
Summary of benefits
- EXTENDS life of downstream cartridge filters
- Self-cleaning to extend the life of the system and reduce maintenance costs (UF lifespan is 5 years or more. UF does not require replacement)
- Removes bacteria, viruses, & parasites,
- Industrial grade quality components
- Drain valve is suitable for contaminated and aggressive fluids
- Manual Operation mode during loss of electrical power
- Decreased downtime as frequent filter changes will not be needed
- Delivers consistent filtered water quality independent of challenges in feed water
- Environmentally Green Product – reduces disposable cartridge filters/solid waste sent to landfill
Please have a look on our PB International UFM product page